- To be involved in designing, implementing, securing and maintaining the computer systems for its test, development and production environment.
- To identify and analyze the issues that hamper the performance of the system, and to work in close coordination with the product development team and recommend the solutions for the issues.
- To do all the supporting tasks that are included, but not limited to code deployment, managing source control systems, virtual servers, scripting, etc.
- To take into account and identify the discrepancies in the system, to assess the risks, and to implement solutions by adhering to the security standards
- To be involved in writing and modifying scripts for application deployments as well as system monitoring
- To be involved in developing and overseeing the backup, replication, clustering and fail over strategies
- A University Degree or equivalent in information technology, computer science/engineering.
- Individuals with a master’s degree in a related field or who possess a deep understanding of Oracle Linux will be the most preferred candidate.
- MCP, MCSE, RedHat or any other equivalent combination of certification and experience would be advantageous.
Experience and Essential Skills
- Self starter who is highly motivated, detail oriented, flexible and willing to follow the directions given by superior.
- Must be ready to learn new things and apply the latest technologies that would help the organization to grow.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and should be comfortable working in a team environment.
- Must be able to work independently and maintain excellent service skills.
- Must be able to identify the system issues and solve them in an effective manner.
- Must be able to work well even under pressure and must also have the ability to respond to and prioritize the incoming work according to the stringent deadlines.