Under general supervision, design, administer, support, and maintain all databases:
- Deep knowledge of Oracle Database technologies, Strong RAC/clustering experience and Data Guard experience required. Design, development and administration of Oracle databases.
- Must be able to improve SQL performance results through use of explain plans.
- Ability to diagnose problems and triage/resolve issues across various tiers (application, network, database, server, or storage tiers).
- Performance monitoring, reporting, and tuning of Oracle databases.
- Management and maintenance of back-ups & recovery procedures.
- Installation and maintenance of database server, replication and client environments.
- Reviewing and tuning SQL and PL/SQL code.
- Designing database packages and procedures. Security and access control. Creation and maintenance of SQL queries and routines. Provisioning of (database) development and testing environments.
- Required to deal with complex data models and object relational database mapping, while producing complex reports
- A University Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, Electrical / Electronic Engineering.
- Minimum of 4 years experience of Life-cycle database development utilizing Oracle and Java based technologies
Experience and Essential Skills
- At least Five (5) years cognate experience as a DBA
- Good understanding of the Oracle database, related utilities and tools
- Good understanding of SQL
- A good understanding of the underlying operating systems (Linux)
- A good knowledge of database design
- Ability to perform both Oracle and operating system performance tuning and monitoring
- Good Knowledge of ALL Database backup and recovery scenarios
- A good knowledge of Oracle security management
- A good knowledge of Oracle Forms and Reports with Oracle 11g (Experience with Functions, Procedures and Packages) PL/SQL; SQL ; Shell Script Preferred Skills. Developer Tools: Oracle BI Publisher; Oracle Discoverer (Administrator, Desktop, Viewer, and Plus); Oracle Workflow; Oracle JDeveloper (ADF); SQL*Loader; etc
- A good knowledge Oracle data integrity
- Sound knowledge of the implemented application systems
- Experience in code migration, database change management and data management through the various stages of the development life cycle
- Experience with handling multiple projects and deadlines